Call blockers ask anyone calling the call receiver's phone to state their name then press a key. This helps prevent unwanted calls from coming through. However, if this is active on a phone receiving CareCalls, you will need to perform the following instructions, otherwise CareCalls will not be able to get through. There are two options for bypassing the call blocker, which one to use will depend on the circumstances and system in place.
Option 1) Do it on the phone/line in question
The option requires you to follow the instructions provided by the individual phone service provider/phone manufacturer. You are looking to add our phone number to what is usually called a 'white list' or 'allow list'. CareCalls delivers reminders/check-ins from 02380000319, this is the number you will need to add when prompted.
Truecall device - Edit the settings online here or call them on 08000336330
Option 2) Do
This can be done remotely but will only work if the system in place allows numbers that have been allowed through once to come through again in the future without being stopped by the call blocker. You will need to make sure the person receiving the CareCalls service is able to answer the phone to you during this process.
- Call +442380000319
- You will hear a message saying you have been called by the CareCalls reminder and check in system, ignore this and input the numbers 3 7 5 6
- When prompted, enter the phone number you wish to unblock calls on. Do this with a leading 44 rather than 0, for example 07527837467 would be 447527837467.
- You will now be connected through to the phone number in question, follow the instructions the call blocker gives you to allow you through and notify the call receiver.
- Once the call receiver answers the phone to you, the process is complete.
- Make sure to test your changes using the steps below.
Testing your changes
You can test that calls are able to come through by going to www.carecalls.co.uk/demo and selecting 'a test message' to go through to the number in question.
If you encounter issues, please contact us on 0330 058 8244
Keywords: call guardian, call blocker, call prevention, nuisance call.